Friday, 1 January 2016

Happy New Year

Unlike most I did not spend my New Years Eve partying in an alcohol induced haze. I wish that I could say I was busy doing something much more interesting but that's simply not the case. I spent New Years Eve going to watch a film at the cinema, I took the dog to the beach then I got home in time to change into my pyjamas and watch the fireworks from my window, living the dream!
Last year was a mixed bag, we spent last Christmas in hospital because my mum had a stroke and was very sick, but she got better. I met someone and fell in love for the first time in years, and despite the fact that it didn't work out and it broke my heart, at least this time I know that I CAN fall in love again and that hearts DO heal. I thought I was losing my job this year when we lost our contract but then I was transferred over to a new contractor and got promoted. It's been a rough year mostly, and I can't wait for the new start.
This year, I'm going on an all out war against my acne, I've already had my implant removed in an effort to remove any extra hormones from my body. I'll be avoiding any cosmetics heavy on man made chemicals and trying to use my delicate, natural substances on my skin. My doctor has already recommended I try using sunbeds to see if that makes any difference. Whatever happens I am getting to the bottom of this ridiculous skin problem.
Losing weight, I did well last year at the gym, I was quite quick to build up my fitness, I'm getting back on that asap. I put on a lot of extra weight while my mum was sick (late night Maccies a living off toast and vending machines does not help your figure) and so my absolute goal is to get comfortably back into my old clothes. I'm hoping the removal of my implant my help towards this also.
Another side bar I want to work on is instead of watching tv all the time I want to spend more time blogging and also I found my brothers old base guitar in the attic and I want to have a crack at learning it. And also get back into practice with my own guitar.
There's quite a lot I would like to do this year and even more that I have to do this year so here they are:

MUST DO:

Start a saving account for a house. The promotion means I'll have more money to put aside for a mortgage and I desperately want to get on the property ladder which is horrendously difficult when you're single.

Go back to college. I think I know what I want to do, and I've been scared to go for it, through fear of it turning out like the cake decorating(I.e. I stopped enjoying it as soon as I had to do it for someone else) and so I was avoiding it. But then I though this is something that's part of my life anyway so how could I ever get bored of it. So.... I found an evening make up course I can do around work and I'll be starting this year. Of course, it doesn't actually start til October so that gives me plenty of time to practice.

Plan next New Year - because of all the contract changes with work, I wasn't able to plan anything or book any holidays because I didn't know for sure that I'd be in the job. I used up my remaining annual leave having a splendid 2 weeks off and I can safely say the lack of plans has meant I've had a lovely relaxed time and now can't wait to get busy next year. I do love to be busy. But spending New Year in bed watching t.v. is just about the most depressing thing ever so next year, I want to have plans.

AIMS

TRAVEL!!! - I want to do as much of this as possible, but I'm hoping to get to Poland this year. Seriously considering a soul searching lone backpacker holiday too.

FESTIVALS!!! - My friends and I have decided we're going to try to get to Glastonbury this year. And while we're at it, we may as well apply for big weekend too and maybe have a day trip to Reading/Leeds again.

Move Out - my God, I need space. I've looked at some house shares that wouldn't cost much more than my housekeeping but would mean I have more bedroom space. It would be great to not have to clamber over my bed just to make it.

I have no gig tickets for this year yet but I'd very much like this year to be chock full of gigs, comic cons, events, theme park days and please God the Harry Potter tour!!
In all I'm very exited to get started knowing that I have my steady job and knowing I can actually make plans this year. Last year was a bit if a bust for plans. Non of this new year, New me shit, I am just genuinely exited to continue becoming who I am. Here's to my next adventures.








No comments:

Post a Comment